Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: In The USA: the Next Revolution

Talking Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Ken, here is one of them. Link to Dylan Radigan interview.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...75780#41975780
    I'd call that a panel of Agitators, not organizers, don't think they're capable of that. Though they apparently believe what the organizers have to say...

MADISON - The State Department of Justice confirms that it is investigating several death threats against a number of lawmakers in response to the legislature's move to strip employees of many collective bargaining rights.

Among the threats the Justice Department is investigationg is one that was emailed to Republican Senators Wednesday night. Newsradio 620 WTMJ has obtained that email.

The following is the unedited email:
    http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/117732923.html
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Council Member

The Republican Senate out manuevered the Democrate missing links who fled to Illinois by putting the contract barganing verbage in a seperate law. The wailing and nashing of teeth by the pols who pushed thru the Obama Health Care Bill is most amusing.

The Federal Government doesn't allow "collective bargaining" and about a dozen States have laws against it as well.

I think tactically, the Dems and the Public Unions who give them large chunks of money have screwed the pooch on this issue by making Wisconsin a Battleground for this protests.

The scene's of the protesters breaking into and being hauled out of the state capital building are sending the wrong message. Death threats to WI republican politicians are giving them the win. The American People are getting a look at the same or stronger measures currently being moved thru other state governments and no protests or death threats being made.

The entitlement mentality of the public union leadership is being exposed and they are not looking good to the majority watching the action.

I believe the Apathy Level is being reduced. It started last year, cause the turn around in the House of Representatives last November and with the sillyness going on in Wisconsin it is broading the base and creating a more active and conservative American voter.

Just my humble opinion of course!

I recommend y'all read the editorial in Investors Business Daily today.

"Wisconsin has it's PATCO Moment" (added by Mod):http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...ates-Patco.htm
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 03-11-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Link added

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    "Wisconsin has it's PATCO Moment" (added by Mod):http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...ates-Patco.htm
    Unlike the Air Traffic Controllers, teachers can vote with their feet. Part of what makes people be "the best and the brightest" is knowing when to move on to better circumstances. Wisconsin is playing race to the bottom, and the bottom looks like Mississippi. No one's rushing to work as a teacher there based on their results for sure. I don't think you should be so smug yet. It's quite likely that there is more change yet to come, and these laws may well not stand.

Council Member

I'm not smug at all. And I think you are shistling in the dark about teachers voting with their feet. The is no shortage in teachers except in rural and low paying locations. There are thousands of young graduates from universities with Masters in Education that are living with their parents, or working in another field because the teaching jobs bucket is over full.

When a state reaches the point where they are out of money because of past administrations giveaways and the public servants are being paid more than the people who pay the taxes to pay them their higher wages, adjustments must be made.

I'm a strong believer in putting the highing and firing of teachers back in the hands of Principles. Not School Boards who think that the tax payer will pay antthing they agree to pay teachers, administrators and other non-teaching administrative positions. A $300,000 per year school administrator for a single high school is abusing the privleged of working for a days pay.

I don't have a problem with teachers, but I do have a problem with a teacher who by seniority and doesn't give a crap anymore about the children she is responsible to teach coming to work every day and punishing the kids with silly acts of power. Any prinicpal who has the power to hire and fire teachers would dump the inneffective and bitter long time teacher and retain a younger and more talented and motivated teacher. None of them have the power to do that anymore.

I went to high school in the early 1950's. There was the principle, his secretary and a file clerk. No school administrators, or assist school administrators and their staffs of 4 and 5 other clerical types pulling down sallaries that started at $60 k a year.

No whining about class sizes that were bigger than 23 students was ever heard in the 1950. Grade schools in the years following WWII had classed in grade school of 50 or more kids in a room. NY City is talking about laying off 6,200 young teachers whilst they pay 2,200 to come to Rubber Rooms to play cards, watch TV or run side businesses by computer because they are unfit to teach, but the City of NY can't fire them.

The Mayor of NY City is trying to get the NY State Government to eleminate
    tenure and allow his schools keep the good teachers and lay off those who are below standard.

Can you name any other job as important as a teacher of our children that isn't subject to an annual or bi-annual review? Nurse's, Cops, Firemen, and the other uniform services all have to meet physical and ability standards in most cities. Airline pilots, truckdrivers, train crews and electric power and gas workers are all held to standards. Why not teachers?

Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security. Deliberate employment of weapons of mass destruction or other catastrophic capabilities, unforeseen economic collapse, loss of functioning political and legal order, purposeful domestic resistance or insurgency, pervasive public health emergencies, and catastrophic natural and human disasters are all paths to disruptive domestic shock.

An American government and defense establishment lulled into complacency by a long-secure domes-tic order would be forced to rapidly divest some or most external security commitments in order to address rapidly expanding human insecurity at home. Already predisposed to defer to the primacy of civilian authorities in instances of domestic security and divest all but the most extreme demands in areas like civil support and consequence management, DoD might be forced by circumstances to put its broad resources at the disposal of civil authorities to contain and reverse violent threats to domestic tranquility. Under the most extreme circumstances, this might include use of military force against hostile groups inside the United States. Further, DoD would be, by necessity, an essential enabling hub for the continuity of political authority in a multi-state or nationwide civil conflict or disturbance.
    http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute...les/PUB890.pdf

from Known Unknowns: Unconventional "Strategic Shocks" in Defense Strategy Development, Mr. Nathan P. Freier.

See also
    Titled "Known Unknowns: Unconventional Strategic Shocks in Defense Strategy Development," the report warned that the U.S. military and intelligence community remain mired in the past as well as the need to accommodate government policy. Freier, a former Pentagon official, said that despite the Al Qaida surprise in 2001 U.S. defense strategy and planning remain trapped by "excessive convention."

"The current administration confronted a game-changing 'strategic shock' inside its first eight months in office," the report said. "The next administration would be well-advised to expect the same during the course of its first term. Indeed, the odds are very high against any of the challenges routinely at the top of the traditional defense agenda triggering the next watershed inside DoD [Department of Defense]."
    Historically, defense strategy demonstrates three flaws: (1) it is generally reactive, (2) it lacks sufficient strategic imagination, and (3) as a result, it is vulnerable to surprise. The current administration confronted a game-changing “strategic shock” in its first 8 months in office. The next team would be well-advised to expect the same kind of unconventional and nonmilitary shock to DoD convention early in its first term.

The report cited the collapse of what Freier termed "a large capable state that results in a nuclear civil war." Such a prospect could lead to uncontrolled weapons of mass destruction proliferation as well as a nuclear war.

The report cited the prospect of a breakdown of order in the United States. Freier said the Pentagon could be suddenly forced to recall troops from abroad to fight domestic unrest.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...0790_12_15.asp
    Last edited by AdamG; 03-15-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Luckily for the Republic, 'von NotHaus' is impossible to work into lyrics.

STATESVILLE, NC—Bernard von NotHaus, 67, was convicted today by a federal jury of making, possessing, and selling his own coins, announced Anne M. Tompkins, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina. Following an eight-day trial and less than two hours of deliberation, von NotHaus, the founder and monetary architect of a currency known as the Liberty Dollar, was found guilty by a jury in Statesville, North Carolina, of making coins resembling and similar to United States coins; of issuing, passing, selling, and possessing Liberty Dollar coins; of issuing and passing Liberty Dollar coins intended for use as current money; and of conspiracy against the United States.
    http://charlotte.fbi.gov/dojpressrel...1/ce031811.htm

Foes of illegal immigration are up in arms over plans for a weekend disaster exercise in western Iowa with a fictitious scenario in which young white supremacists shoot dozens of people amid rising tensions involving racial minorities and illegal immigrants.
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...text|Frontpage

Council Member

Related:

1. Operation Closed Campus (PDF).
    2. PCEMA announces the exercise's cancellation (PDF)

Given the obvious political implications, officials handled this poorly from the get-go.
    PH Cannady
    Correlate Systems

Default Real Housewives of Wall Street

Another Tiabbi article that raises some interesting points.

As crazy as it is to lend to banks at near zero percent and borrow back from them at three percent, one could at least argue that the policy may have aided American companies by providing banks more cash to lend. But how do you explain the host of other bailout transactions now being examined by Congress? Like the Fed's massive purchases of securities in foreign automakers, including BMW, Volkswagen, Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan? Or the nearly $5 billion in cheap credit the Fed extended to Toyota and Mitsubishi? Sure, those companies have factories and dealerships in the U.S. — but does it really make sense to give them free cash at the same time taxpayers were being asked to bail out Chrysler and GM? Seems a little crazy to fund the competition of the very automakers you're trying to rescue.

And at a time when America is borrowing from the Middle East at interest rates of three percent, why did the Fed extend $35 billion in loans to the Arab Banking Corporation of Bahrain at interest rates as low as one quarter of one point? Even more disturbing, the major stakeholder in the Bahrain bank is none other than the Central Bank of Libya, which owns 59 percent of the operation. In fact, the Bahrain bank just received a special exemption from the U.S. Treasury to prevent its assets from being frozen in accord with economic sanctions. That's right: Muammar Qaddafi received more than 70 loans from the Federal Reserve, along with the Real Housewives of Wall Street.

Just wish he didn't work for Rolling Stone.

Default The New Atlas Shrugged Opend This Weekend

Seen from the movie where Dagny Taggart Confronts the Unions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8MVF...eature=related

Who Is John Galt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W07b...eature=related
    Last edited by slapout9; 04-17-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: stuff

I read some weeks ago that Unified Quest would take a look at the current structure of the BCT and most likely make recommendations regarding changes to the organization/structure - anyone have some info on that?

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by anonamatic View Post
    Wisconsin is playing race to the bottom, and the bottom looks like Mississippi.
    Exactly what does Mississippi look like on a Gaussian?
    PH Cannady
    Correlate Systems

SWJ Over/Under Betting Board : 1. how long will the visit from the Secret Service be? 2. How soon will the IRS audit Fonda?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ack-Obama.html

Peter Fonda, the star of Easy Rider, suggested to Mandrake that he was encouraging his grandchildren to shoot President Barack Obama.

“I’m training my grandchildren to use long-range rifles,” said the actor, 71. “For what purpose? Well, I’m not going to say the words 'Barack Obama’, but …”

He added, enigmatically: “It’s more of a thought process than an actuality, but we are heading for a major conflict between the haves and the have nots. I came here many years ago with a biker movie and we stopped a war. Now, it’s about starting the world.

“I prefer to not to use the words, 'let’s stop something’. I prefer to say, 'let’s start something, let’s start the world’.

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts (former under secretary of the treasury under Reagan) clip starts with part 2 at the end you can go to part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX7M3...embedded#at=33

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
    SWJ Over/Under Betting Board : 1. how long will the visit from the Secret Service be? 2. How soon will the IRS audit Fonda?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ack-Obama.html
    1-Pretty quick, Secret Service stays up on that kind of stuff.
    2-I believe he has been through the IRS thing before.

Default It's all blah blah!

A 'revolution' will NOT happen in the CUNUS anymore!
    there may be some local unrests, e.g. student riotes, coloured gangs,
    a few nutcases such as the Montana 'Free Man' making a 'stand'....

the rank and file citizen is to lazy, too fat, too wealthy (relative),
    too wrapped up in their own personal lives and problems.
    It is easy to complain on a forum or by beer on the back poarch or bar, getting up and doing it is a different story!

Don't get your hopes up!

Who ever thought the saying, “It’s the economy stupid,” from James Carville in 1992 would become a staple in presidential elections 20 years later?

That expression made its way into the campaign in 2008, and according to Carville, it could be the theme of the 2012 campaign as well as President Barack Obama seeks reelection. In an appearance on Monday’s “Imus in the Morning” on the Fox Business Network, the former Clinton adviser said that, based on the May jobs number, if the unemployment picture doesn’t improve, 2012 could be rough for the president.

But Carville said the consequences aren’t limited to politics alone. He warned of heightened risk of civil unrest with the bleak economic picture.

“You know, look — this is a humanitarian — you know, you’re smart enough to see this,” Carville said. “People, you know, if it continues, we’re going to start to see civil unrest in this country. I hate to say that, but I think it’s imminently possible.”
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/06/ca...#ixzz1ObYnHeZw

Default We Are In Deep Trouble

Default Slight diversion ahead

Not a comment on the situation in the USA, but Ireland. I particularly liked this option, which i expect could be done elsewhere and be popular:
    National survival requires that Ireland walk away from the bailout. This in turn requires the Government to do two things: disengage from the banks, and bring its budget into balance immediately.
    Fascinating and detailed article, rarely seen IMHO:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...296372123.html

Now taking a wider, Western perspective. For a number of reasons there is a growing and significant disconnect between the public and government - in which the 'banking crisis' is one large factor. Much of banking relies on confidence, declining confidence as one international banker told me means trouble and "it's all hands to the pump". For the Western public they must have faith in their government(s), that has simply been dribbling away and of late evaporating.

It is strange to observe the 'traditional' left in parts of Europe and the 'radical' right looking ahead - spotting the same issues, such as 'big' government is going wrong.

I am mindful this is not a politics discussion board and will stop.
    davidbfpo