Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
Your thoughts on why this is so ? US has more careful perps ?; levels of violence are different ?, come to mind as possible explanations.

Regards (from the son of a hunter and trapper who knew his "spoor")

Mike
Mike,

Please refer to the paragraph previous to what you quoted from me, it will answer the questions you inquired about. I will include a few of those answers from what I have already stated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker275
Typically, in the urban environments in either Iraq or Afghanistan, most of the streets are either dirt, or have a concrete/asphalt base that is covered in dirt. Due to the dust storms, and the basic lacking of keeping anything picked up or clean over there, track traps are everywhere.

It is far easier to perform tracking in urban areas in Iraq than it is in the United States, as most of the alleys area dirt, and not paved. Additionally, our peak times in urban areas were between 2100hrs to 0100hrs, which there was limited activity in the towns we were working in. Most of the spoor was also identified going through alleys and not along the main streets. Typically, the point of setting up an IED in those areas was to eliminate either a specific person, or a group of individuals near buildings they felt safe at.
I can elaborate in more depth if you like, however I think the answers you seek have already been stated.