This is awesome! It just makes the point that higher is to focused internally (matrices, numbers, programs, etc.) and not focused outboard (results) on the enemy. You can see this across the USMC that we have lost the ability to care more about the fact that a commander has achieved a decision and reached the commanders intent, however it happens, vice caring that he did all of his PTP training to even get to where he is today.

As commanders we lose the So what part of the problem when all that is provided is numbers and graphs. We see the same thing as students do METT-TC of the enemy. They can list the heck out of everything that the enemy has, BUT as far as being able to explain its capabilities and what it is able to do they have no clue. As for that I blame myself as an instructor. But overall we can do a better job.

I know nothing about the school that you work for so I apologize upfront for speaking outside of my box but there has to be some creative way that you can engage the students and at the minimum introduce the topic to them and discuss it.