Thread: Military-led Development Efforts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Military-led Development Efforts

All -

This is my first SWJ post so I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to read and respond as able.

I am currently beginning an academic research project focusing on U.S. Military-led development efforts, the likes of which have become increasingly common in the Horn of Africa as led by AFRICOM and of course in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am primarily interested in activities engaged in by the military that traditionally have been associated, at least by the general public, with non-military aid and development organizations (both within and outside government).

I have attempted to begin my research with a narrow focus in the hopes of analyzing the successes/failures of specific programs. I realize that these represent just a drop in the bucket and would certainly be open to suggestions for other efforts to focus on as the project proceeds. As of now, I am concentrating on:

1) The Commander's Emergency Response Program (CERP)
    2) DoD's Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO)

I would greatly appreciate any open source materials or information that SWJ readers or contributors might have to share. In addition, any suggestions and contact information for SMEs that might be willing to answer a few emails regarding these programs.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 09-01-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Personal email removed as per SWC policy and PM to author