Thread: Venting: GoArmyEd!...The most frustrating Tuition Assitance site ever...

Default Venting: GoArmyEd!...The most frustrating Tuition Assitance site ever...

Anyone know who developed the current GoArmyEd! website that is where you are supposed to submit for Tuition Assitance?

In the year I was deployed, I came back to start working on my degree at American Military Univeristy in Intelligence Studies again. However, I go to the Tuition Assistance website, and I have more PowerPoint slides (10 to be exact), and crazy crap to do to just get TA. Not only that, but everything is geared towards potential future students.

All I have to say is that site is the most difficult to navigate, find out what you need as a returning student, and impossible to figure out what you really need to do to get the Tuition Assitance that I've ever seen.

I've been working for almost 2wks trying to just figure out what I have to do as an Army Reservist to just get the initial paperwork in to get someone to look at it.

What is worse is that the easiest thing to navigate to was the "Help Desk" function vs. actually finding out what I need to do to get Tuition Assistance.

Whoever developed what the GoArmyEd! site has turned into over the last year needs to get a buttstroke to the face.

...Yes, I'm venting...

Since your school is the one who will be getting the money, go to the financial aid people. I guarantee they have a competent military aid type there. He or she will walk you through it.

Any school in this day and age that didn't would be foolhardy not to.

I never touched any of my TA paperwork, except to sign it. All the schools had people that handled that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker275 View Post
    Anyone know who developed the current GoArmyEd! website that is where you are supposed to submit for Tuition Assitance?

In the year I was deployed, I came back to start working on my degree at American Military Univeristy in Intelligence Studies again. However, I go to the Tuition Assistance website, and I have more PowerPoint slides (10 to be exact), and crazy crap to do to just get TA. Not only that, but everything is geared towards potential future students.

All I have to say is that site is the most difficult to navigate, find out what you need as a returning student, and impossible to figure out what you really need to do to get the Tuition Assitance that I've ever seen.

I've been working for almost 2wks trying to just figure out what I have to do as an Army Reservist to just get the initial paperwork in to get someone to look at it.

What is worse is that the easiest thing to navigate to was the "Help Desk" function vs. actually finding out what I need to do to get Tuition Assistance.

Whoever developed what the GoArmyEd! site has turned into over the last year needs to get a buttstroke to the face.

...Yes, I'm venting...

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Since your school is the one who will be getting the money, go to the financial aid people. I guarantee they have a competent military aid type there. He or she will walk you through it.

Any school in this day and age that didn't would be foolhardy not to.

I never touched any of my TA paperwork, except to sign it. All the schools had people that handled that.
    I'm with you on that bro, just one problem...According to the 10-Powerpoint presentation slide show, I have to do the TA submission before I can enroll in the class.

Not to mention, AMU is an online university. Trust me, I'm working with my advisor on this, as they will be getting another email tomorrow. Unfortunately, as an Army Reservist, we are kinda stuck floating out here in the wind.

Don't worry though, I'll be seeking out exactly what you described. Because...good grief...college is too damn expensive not too...
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker275 View Post
    I'm with you on that bro, just one problem...According to the 10-Powerpoint presentation slide show, I have to do the TA submission before I can enroll in the class.

Not to mention, AMU is an online university. Trust me, I'm working with my advisor on this, as they will be getting another email tomorrow. Unfortunately, as an Army Reservist, we are kinda stuck floating out here in the wind.

Don't worry though, I'll be seeking out exactly what you described. Because...good grief...college is too damn expensive not too...
    I do it through AMU also. If you call an advisor, they pretty much do it for you. You just have to make sure the TA-SOU is signed and at the Ed Center prior to enrollment. Once you crack the egg, it gets easier each time.
    Sir, what the hell are we doing?

Council Member

Default good advice

Tracker--

I teach at AMU and calling the advisor there should do the trick. If it doesn't call your congressman - and inquiry from one of his staffers tends to make the uniformed and civilian bureaucracy jump.

Cheers

JohnT

Hey, Tracker, I am also a student at AMU and I pay for the tuition through TA. I had some issues at the start but now it is pretty easy. I just sign up for the course on-line and then spend about 10 minutes do my TA request on the GoArmyEd site. It's just getting that initial paperwork figured out that is a pain.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett