Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
I will echo the comments about taking a language.

Study a language that you will use, regardless of your career field. Army Selection boards can be fickle things; you have a co-equal chance of being Transportation, Quartermaster or Chemical Corps as you do your "dream jobs". If you really want to function in a language or Intel based MOS, forget about being an officer and go to Warrant Officer Course.

It's kind of brutal, but there it is. Your goal for being an officer should be to lead soldiers, not do a job or speak a language. If that is not your goal, you should not be an officer.
120mm,

My future first career objective is of course learning to lead and manage troops, as well as gaining proficiency in planning and seeing that goals on a tactical, operational, and strategic level are properly executed.

However, in this day and age I view language and cultural proficiency as important, and this has been stressed to many by others. In addition to the the current and future security environment, and especially if I am aiming for MI or any related officer slot under it.

However, the language issue ties in part with my academics, which also ranks in equal importance with my need for military and physical proficiency as well. So overall, I view those three issues as equally important to each other.