Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
Well Fuller may well have written about the Principles of War but he was certainly not the first to do so. (Just like Livingston may have been the first Brit to see the Victoria Falls but was certainly not the first person to do so.)
Well aware. Foch's "Principles of War" dates from 1903 lectures. The Fuller version however were the ones passed into UK training and doctrine.

Fuller's The Foundations of the Science of War is worth a browse from time to time as he has much to offer.
A book I know, along with the disastorous "Reformation of War" and "Lectures on the FSR". I could write a book on Fullers fallacies - indeed my current Thesis deals with his abysmal ideas on armour. I have little time for the man.

Most countries believe their system is superior. Do you ever expect the Brits to accept that their Sandhurst selection is inferior? Or the yanks for that matter? Never.
Based on many conversations over many years with a lot of serving officers, almost all seem to accept we could do officer training better. It is thus utterly bizarre that grass roots opinion does not translate into action.

And when these little pink poms get back burned brown by the African sun and having lost their puppy fat and had the pimples burned out I promise you they will be so different the family dog will bite them.
Objective as ever.