Thread: Electronic Jihad (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would be surprised if kiddiescript hackers have not crashed more than one of these sites. They love a challenge. Especially, one that will probably not have any repercussions.

Council Member

"Especially, one that will probably not have any repercussions." (-luv that , I truly do)

The problem is the Internet itself. I can post on this forum using a server in Vietnam and my IP would indicate such. It would be difficult to subpoena an Internet provider, government, or company server in Vietnam and places like that. Heck, hackers love using servers in the Middle East for the same reason. You can bring down a site, and I'm sure that is going on both on and off the record as well as with kiddiescripters but they can get their sites back up in no time at all. What was once just a group of universities connected together has gotten way out of control. The Internet has taken on a life of its own. It doesn't really change much except it increases the pace. The place for espionage and propaganda at light speed. I'm afraid because of this pace that desperate measures may be in store. Time, not impatience, will be a factor in decision making. Lets just hope it doesn't come down to having to turn an entire region into a sheet of glass. The next leaders may have to be of the Curtis LeMay variety. Not by choice or because we are getting impatient but because time itself is a factor. I'm sure we are looking at what happened to Japan. From a vicious and discriminating empire to a culture and nation that tries its best not to fire a shot in anger. In the end, the opportunity cost was worth the decision to speed up the clock for the end of that war during that time and place. It created other problems later but solved the problem of Japan.

Council Member

Actually I think the FBI likes to keep some of them up so as to monitor them. A bit hard on those who visit just for curiosities sake(Hey, I've done it once or twice myself), but of course they can probably sort those out from regulars.
    All this sounds like a great spy movie. Have someone who has a personal crusade to squish terrorist websites. And Someone Finds Out...