Thread: Columnist-Europe's Identity Crisis Fuels Rising Anti-Muslim Sentiment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Columnist-Europe's Identity Crisis Fuels Rising Anti-Muslim Sentiment

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...iment/19670466

I just got finished reading this article on AOL. Personally, I find some disagreement with the article as a whole. Because the European Far-Right despite some of it's recent successes electorally with some of it's rhetoric isn't a really great force in most European countries.

Secondly, from personal experience on a long-term visit to the UK in the summer of 2008. I observed attitudes and opinions towards Britain's immigrant communities(including the Muslim one) to be low-tension and nowhere near the media sensationalism seen in the US. With issues between England and other region's within the UK like Scotland and Northern Ireland being much higher in terms of what I observed, read, and heard. Even though since then the BNP has gained some seats on the local/European level. However, I haven't been back to Britain in over 2 years and I can't vouch for attitudes and relations in other European countries like France, Netherlands, Spain, or Italy.

Therefore, perhaps some of the members more familiar with this issue can provide some insight?
    Last edited by Kevin23; 10-17-2010 at 06:02 AM.