Thread: Man arrested over 'plot to bomb Washington DC metro'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

I had a thought just now. What if the FBI were to try similar flypaper with the postcolonial-postmodern anti-establishment fringe (of course, using someone spouting anti-imperialism and Noam Chomsky instead of Abdullah Azzam and Masood Azhar)? I suspect they would soon pick up some morons who will start discussing ways of planting bombs. In fact, i am sure they would find the same among rightwing militia types (this time using someone talking about Black helicopters, Waco and Sarah Palin's wacko church).
    But I also think the spectrum of morons willing to indulge some fantasy of "sticking it to the man" spreads wider into "normal middle class persons" in the Muslim community because of our exposure to holy war rhetoric and conspiracy theories about Jews and the elders of Zion. Still, such moronic fantasies are not UNIQUE to the Muslim community, they are just spread wider and reach into bedroom communities like Ashburn. Just a random thought.

Council Member

amazing job by the undercover officers- they must be damn good to be able to pass as al-Qaida members!