A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
    Related : PETN Pancakes.
    http://gizmodo.com/5712481/fool-the-...-with-pancakes

Mmmmmmm... pancakes...
    Wouldn't want to go that route with some of the EDDs in Europe and on most military bases where patrol dogs respond aggressively

Most of the modern day X-rays not only detect organic materials, they are based on a multitude of primary explosive compounds.

He would be better off shoving that pancake where the sun doesn't shine !
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Most of the modern day X-rays not only detect organic materials, they are based on a multitude of primary explosive compounds.
    Me Again !

Just thought I would spice things up with a 2003 pic that we use to train airport personnel with. The purpose is to add some fact to the fictional Sierra that gizmo purports. This pic was taken with a minuscule 5 pulses. If I open the back panel and fire her up to 90, I would have far greater detail, but most of the males in the surrounding 50-meter area would never, ever worry about offspring again

It's training and the right personnel to do the job at hand.

As for the bonehead who writes this crap... Please come with your pancake and allow me to introduce you to our EDDs and handlers

Feel free to identify the parts in this pic... Your life may very well depend on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

He would be better off shoving that pancake where the sun doesn't shine !
    My bet is that this is where AQAP is going if it attempts another airline bombing; hiding PETN in a body cavity. It is a win-win either way for AQ. A failed or thwarted attempt will bring on even more invasive airport security measures in the US.

People just will not want to fly if they have to be strip searched, or subjected to a body cavity exam. The economic costs to the US will be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    My bet is that this is where AQAP is going if it attempts another airline bombing; hiding PETN in a body cavity. It is a win-win either way for AQ. A failed or thwarted attempt will bring on even more invasive airport security measures in the US.
    Well, that has already been attempted and literally failed along with his guts being spewed all over the walls.

Sadly, the technology already exists without so-called invasive measures and that techno is nearly 25 years old. It does however require that the individual responsible know what he/she is actually looking at. My point above. I'm not going to hire a trash truck driver to take X-rays at a hospital trauma center, but yet, someone thinks that can be done at airports

People just will not want to fly if they have to be strip searched, or subjected to a body cavity exam. The economic costs to the US will be significant.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Don't mind the searching, but flying home at twice the cost and risk some idiot not liking the way I look... No thanks !

Well, that has already been attempted and literally failed along with his guts being spewed all over the walls.
    The assassination attempt failed, yes, but the device was smuggled through the security measures required to be in proximity to the Prince. For an airliner they would just have to get through the security measures, for the most part. Conceivably, the device could also be extracted from the body cavity once airborne, and positioned elsewhere.

Sadly, the technology already exists without so-called invasive measures and that techno is nearly 25 years old. It does however require that the individual responsible know what he/she is actually looking at. My point above. I'm not going to hire a trash truck driver to take X-rays at a hospital trauma center, but yet, someone thinks that can be done at airports
    Yeah, it’s the scale required that is the problem. Getting enough trained and qualified for it to be effective; is that even going to be feasible?

The assassination attempt failed, yes, but the device was smuggled through the security measures required to be in proximity to the Prince. For an airliner they would just have to get through the security measures, for the most part. Conceivably, the device could also be extracted from the body cavity once airborne, and positioned elsewhere.
    Yes, the "so-called" device was successfully smuggled past Saudi security, but there was no scan performed (according to the sites I access) and it's also apparent that the Suadis let their guard down (something they clearly admitted. A known terrorist being permitted into a secure area and then have relatively easy communications access is stupid IMO). What this however has done is raise our awareness regarding scans much like previous "contents" hidden in shoes and liquids.

Yeah, it’s the scale required that is the problem. Getting enough trained and qualified for it to be effective; is that even going to be feasible?
    I can see this being a real pain and the airlines taking revenue losses, but I can equally see a very expensive aircraft and 250 lost souls being more expensive than a bankruptcy claim. We would then justify minimalistic standards how ?

I can see this being a real pain and the airlines taking revenue losses, but I can equally see a very expensive aircraft and 250 lost souls being more expensive than a bankruptcy claim. We would then justify minimalistic standards how ?
    I mean in the literal sense, like: we need X amount of qualified personnel, which require Y level of training to be effective, and the number of training cadre available is Z.

How long would it take for Z to train X number of people to the level of Y? Six months, one year, a decade?