Thread: The Wikileaks collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Good stuff... I like robust debate.
    I would strongly advise against following David's link to the Today program. It was not good stuff, or a debate, it was however robust.
    Today, and its sister program PM, provide some of the UK's better broadcast news and analysis but this was a waste of their airtime as it was not two people articulating opposing ends of the debate but two idiots trying to shout over the top of each other - net result we never get to learn anything. This is not uncommon in party politics but as both were 'journalists' I expected better.
    Last edited by JJackson; 12-19-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Council Member

Default Assange wouldn't be in so much trouble

if he had paid attention in Consideration of Others classes.

"No means No."

Default BBC News report

JJackson,

In response to your post:
    I would strongly advise against following David's link to the Today program. It was not good stuff, or a debate, it was however robust.
    That is why I added in my post:
    there is an odd BBC News report
    and then a caveat:
    Link to a heated studio discussion
    . Two traffic light signals I consider enough.

I thought the BBC News item was really odd, with no meaningful explanation, nor did John Pilger IMHO explain his suspicions in the 'discussion' about a potential extradition to the USA.

I too like BBC Radio 4's Today programme, but it has too frequent editorial lapses and gives airtime to the views of tiny minorities, such as Omar Brookes and IIRC Anjem Choudhry.

Pilger has his very clear position, the 'discussion' was badly managed and even 'robust' is being polite - thanks JMA!
    davidbfpo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    JJackson,

In response to your post:

That is why I added in my post: and then a caveat:. Two traffic light signals I consider enough.

I thought the BBC News item was really odd, with no meaningful explanation, nor did John Pilger IMHO explain his suspicions in the 'discussion' about a potential extradition to the USA.

I too like BBC Radio 4's Today programme, but it has too frequent editorial lapses and gives airtime to the views of tiny minorities, such as Omar Brookes and IIRC Anjem Choudhry.

Pilger has his very clear position, the 'discussion' was badly managed and even 'robust' is being polite - thanks JMA!
    You did well to post that David and if you find more please do so as well... I for one would welcome becoming better informed from all sides of the issue.

This sort of stuff should be required listening for the officer corps IMHO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JJackson View Post
    Today, and its sister program PM, provide some of the UK's better broadcast news and analysis but this was a waste of their airtime as it was not two people articulating opposing ends of the debate but two idiots trying to shout over the top of each other - net result we never get to learn anything. This is not uncommon in party politics but as both were 'journalists' I expected better.
    The two represented the two extremes of this Assange/Wikileaks debate. Please don't advise people not to listen to all sides of a particular debate. I my opinion people should be encouraged and educated to personally decide on where they stand on an issue and not be guided by Big Brother.