Thread: Ivory Coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ocnus View Post
    I apologise for my rudeness. I was not referring to the SWC but to the 'international community' in general with whom I feel a sense of frustration.
    Accepted, just realize the Council has some "real" subject matter experts with both muddy boots experience and academic credentials. And there are those like Stan who have been there, done it; and can't stop being there, doing it.

Hey again OCNUS,
    Took a peek at your links and ... I don't know what to say.

Exactly what is different about Cote d'ivoire from say any other African State in Sub-Sahara ?

Sorry, but you've got it in for the French (or what?). Wait til M-A wakes up in Sudan tonite

BTW, remember the AK47 ? Please check your records on the weapons in Sub-Sahara. These were not procured from France.

I'd love to see some of your creative writing RE the Chinese in Africa; might just clear up a few things regarding weapons and procurement.

Regards, Stan

In summary, the colonial pact maintained the French control over the economies of the African states; it took possession of their foreign currency reserves; it controlled the strategic raw materials of the country; it stationed troops in the country with the right of free passage; it demanded that all military equipment be acquired from France; it took over the training of the police and army; it required that French businesses be allowed to maintain monopoly enterprises in key areas (water, electricity, ports, transport, energy, etc.). It is difficult to imagine what the changes were from colonial rule to today that aren't merely cosmetic.
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

Default Thread locked

I have locked this thread, please use the main existing thread on the Ivory Coast:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ad.php?t=11943
    davidbfpo