Wilf, we're doing some work to realign the blog, Journal, ref lib, etc. That should net out in a few months to a site-wide login and hopefully will make more Council regulars comfortable in the rest of the site. In the interim, as always, if there's a Journal article that's particularly deserving of some discussion here, anyone can open up a thread.

HumanCOGRachel, I believe I understand what you are saying and concur that, from one perspective of having a neat forum to go for non-US commentary, it would be a good idea. But the flip side of that is that all non-US commentary should then belong in that spot, and that looks to me like a bad way of going about keeping a pervasively international perspective in the other 98% of the board. So, in the net, I'm not a fan. Perhaps there are some tagging tools that we can use to offer some of the former pro without the latter con. For any of it to be successful, we need more commentary from foreign shores.

It does not seem that the intended forum topic of US-centricity is gaining traction as a forum itself, so we'll reevaluate that.