Thread: AC/RC Force Structure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which is basically what is being done. The inactivation of BCTs is really a shell game. Each remaining BCT will get: a third maneuver Bn, a third Arty firing Btry, a second Eng Co and plus ups to CSS to acount for these additions. I/ABCTs get a forward support company for their re-org'ed Special Troops/Engineer Bns and SBCTs will get a Bn Hqs for that purpose.

From what I've seen, the biggest lose from the BCTs is/was the deletion of their MP platoons.

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Which is basically what is being done. The inactivation of BCTs is really a shell game. Each remaining BCT will get: a third maneuver Bn, a third Arty firing Btry, a second Eng Co and plus ups to CSS to acount for these additions. I/ABCTs get a forward support company for their re-org'ed Special Troops/Engineer Bns and SBCTs will get a Bn Hqs for that purpose.

From what I've seen, the biggest lose from the BCTs is/was the deletion of their MP platoons.
    What is the reasoning for eleminating the MP platoon? Will MPs be attached as needed in the future?

What I've heard was that MPs are getting "pooled" at higher levels. BCTs will either get a Co (or in some extreme cases a Bn) or none.