Thread: Don't Get Caught!, or How US Navy Capt. Owen Honors Learned About Filmmaking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Double Standard

I'd prefer my son not to serve on a ship where the XO produced these sorts of lewd videos. Then again as an army guy, I don't want him to serve on a ship period.

On the otherhand, given some of the jackwagons that reach senior levels of leadership, I'd much rather have a captain who produces bad taste videos and can fight and lead than some P.C. incompetent.

To relieve an otherwise competent officer for this is a travesty. Counsel behind closed doors maybe. Relieve NO.

What I find ironic is it seems the same crowd that wants CAPT Honors cashiered for this, is all for showing this same type of lewdness and vulgarity to children in the form of prime time television shows. At least being underway on the Enterprise guarantees it was received by an adult only audience.
    Last edited by DVC; 01-06-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Warning: Over the top conspiracy theory

Is the relief of Capt. Honors, a TAT-for-tat (Pentagon politics) for the relief and refusal to promote Capt. Holly Graff?
    Last edited by selil; 01-06-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: ETC: Hmmm.. new censored word...
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.