Thread: And Libya goes on...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TROUFION View Post
    MA Lagrange-

I think you may have misunderstood me a little. I was not thinking 'arranged peace' I was thinking more along the lines of Libiyan Democracy and freedom garaunteed by Eygptian force of arms. In other words Eygpt with an UN mandate intervenes forcefully and takes out Mummaur. Then helps stabilize the country. If we want democracy to succeed this would be a good option. Far better than US forces going to help. -T
    I well understood you from the beginning and I do agree with the idea that a ground US intervention is not needed and may be dangerous. Not needed because it will only serve the US to finaly fight a just war after several years of feeling missused. And that's not a good reason to interviene. Also because I believe that the populace in Libya is not willing. And that's a good reason to not intervening.
    But unlike Bob, I do believe that and air strike that would destroy G air capacities and a logisticall support for the rebels is the right solution.

The problem with the UN is that they do not know how to do stabilization. Very few people know it and most of the time it is due to context. The UN have no idea of what context means and most of them even less of what stabilizing means.

What is important, and I will support Bob on this is to send a message, the right one this time. Not only to Libya but to the whole region: we support the people against crazy evil dictators. That would be the best PSYOP ever.
    Last edited by M-A Lagrange; 03-07-2011 at 10:52 PM.