Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
Sad that the same criminal folly has taken hold in the US military...Relieving an officer after operational failure or incompetence is one thing but perhaps the next step should be considered to drive the message home.
On the first, not just the US military, as I mentioned, it appears in most. On the other point, democratic nations mostly tend -- foolishly IMO -- to avoid reliefs and such as being 'unfair.' Militarily foolish but politically expedient. Sad but true and unlikely to change. Reality bites..

In another Post, you say:
Are there national interests at play here? I thought this was a humanitarian intervention?
You're kidding, right?
US political strategy has been poor and has limited the military action to the point of emasculation. Nothing to be proud about.
See my previous statement. Reality again. Poor in the eyes of many, not so in the eyes of others -- as two others mentioned in this thread. It appears the World according to JMA is not universally accepted. That, too, is reality...

Then there was this exchange:
The Taliban government folded? When? from Presley Cannady and to which you responded:

Wow! You for real?

I suggest you start here and find that out for yourself: War in Afghanistan (2001–present).
Wow! You for real?

His point was they didn't fold, they merely went underground or out of town and are still there -- as you likely are quite aware -- thus your answer was superficial to say the least. Bad form, Old Boy, if one rouses the rabble, one receives a reasonable responsibility to respond responsibly, righteously not required.

Realistically is desirable but not mandatory.

I'll credit you with refining the 'Don't bother me with facts, I brought my own' act to a science. Your ability to turn any thread into 'Everyone else is wrong. Always' is truly impressive if not terribly realistic.