Thread: The valiant warriors of homeland security

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
    Hmmm...10 times higher than expected...sounds like a rounding error to me, lol...
    "We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it." from the move, Crimson Tide

Interesting blog:

Taking Sense Away - Confessions of a Former TSA Screener
    About:

This site is dedicated, first and foremost, to TSA employees of the thinking variety. There are not many of them out there, so I figured someone needed to give them a voice and a bit of light hearted amusement to make their thankless and bureaucratically-oppressive days on the checkpoint a little more tolerable; some reading material for the break room, if you will.

It is also for all those who think the TSA is an absurd, oversized wasteful bureaucracy, and who also possess at least a modicum of a sense of humor.

Ultimately, it is my way of giving back to the public after my many years of employment with the TSA; a sort of communal pressure valve for the public, as well as for the many good, workaday employees who, you may be surprised to find out, actually detest it far more than the flying public ever will.
    “[S]omething in his tone now reminded her of his explanations of asymmetric warfare, a topic in which he had a keen and abiding interest. She remembered him telling her how terrorism was almost exclusively about branding, but only slightly less so about the psychology of lotteries…” - Zero History, William Gibson