Thread: Internet TV

Default Internet TV

Some say that buying a HDTV set (receiving information via cable or satellite), would now be a mistake. The Internet TV (receiving information via a browser and watching it on the computer screen), they say, is much more desirable.

What do you know and think about this new option?

Ludwik
    Ludwik Kowalski, author of a free ON-LINE book entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is.

Quote Originally Posted by kowalskil View Post
    Some say that buying a HDTV set (receiving information via cable or satellite), would now be a mistake. The Internet TV (receiving information via a browser and watching it on the computer screen), they say, is much more desirable.

What do you know and think about this new option?

Ludwik
    I have a Sony and Apple TV for HDTV at home. Both work great. I also have a 30 inch cinema display my computer is currently hooked to, and a 40 inch display also that I watch from my computer. I'm of the mind that either works.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

Wouldn't the avaliable bandwidth hamper the effectiveness of internet TV? I was mulling that over myself (HDTV vs streaming Internet TV) but get frustrated when my computer slows down at peak times, there's no way on earth I'd stand for that in the middle of an episode of Castle! At least with cable or satelitte the reception is continuous (at least with cable anyway).

Council Member

As long as you buy a tv with HDMI input you'll be fine. If you have that input, you can use any number of devices to stream internet content to the tv, such as XBOX, PS3, Apple TV, Roku, even your laptop/ other computer.