Gentlemen,

My orders got switched from a straight leg infantry Bn to a LAR Bn. Good and Bad.

At LAR I've been told I'll get a company right away and have a full work up. At the inf Bn there was no guarantees, was probably going to be the 3A or H&S CO.

The only drawback is that since I've been at EWS I've focused on my efforts on truly understanding and learning how to fight a rifle company in both COIN and conventional.

Understandably there are some baseline similarities in tactics however I need to get spun up on LAR TTPs in conventional and COIN realms, specifically what they have been doing in Afg.

Long way of me saying can anyone point me in the right direction for LAR preparation. I know the Canadiens use them. Any ideas on their TTPs? I'm reading the current USMC LAR employment along with the LAR gunnery pub.

I'm ordering Defense of Hill 782 this weekend. Understand it's like a mech infantry Duffer's Drift.

Any help is appreciated. Either way I'm pumped to get back out to the Fleet and tackle something new.

Thanks for any help.

Pete