Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
Foreign companies who knew how to succeed invested in PRC directly and launched the export boom. At the very least their told their Chinese suppliers how exactly to produce what. The real Chinese business success came later on, and they still export a lot of flawed products when there's no thorough foreign QC.
Oh man that's very true. What's I find interesting is how frequently it has to do with miscommunication too. I think with business if you have deep enough pockets & a willingness to learn it's possible to succeed in new environments.

That example aside, I do think that while it might be important to do things locally to solve conditions that lead to the fulfillment of badly formed ideas by some Islamic immigrants (and I'll point at the US for being a poster child of dysfunction in that respect), the basic problem starts elsewhere. In this case it's Pakistan, and they have *issues*. The GOP based Fox News lie-o-sphere might be filled with deception aimed at their base, but there are fact based informational counters to their propaganda too. So in this instance I think it's not entirely useful to compare nations who find themselves with oppositional problems that occur via propaganda for direct comparison with each other.

Are there good examples of propaganda of comparable types being successfully countered in the Arab world in history by other nations? I'm wondering if there are, and what they did, and how they might be applied to this situation. Any number of European countries have issues with this stuff, so obviously does the US. I'm not sure what might be possible to do either as individual countries, or perhaps preferably as a group.