Thread: Why False Enemy Propaganda Matters: German Jihadi Motivated by Fake US Soldier Rape V

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Steve, I am not sure I get your point. The European enlightenment (which some Europeans are still fighting against...see Glenn Beck for details) was, in my opinion, a great step forward in human thought, but its a moving target (e.g. the postmodern woo spewing out of European Universities is also a product of that enlightenment, though a mostly undesirable one in my opinion) and just like Europeans adopted some good ideas from elsewhere when needed, others are adopting features (and bugs) of the enlightenment even as we speak.
    Anyway, my point is not that all cultures are the same. They are obviously not. But its always worth keeping in mind that all cultures are in motion and features and bugs both exceed the capacity of any simple formulation to sum up. People in the US are not free of bias in favor of authorities they know and trust and people in Afghanistan do have an idea of "objective truth"....

The internet is a free for all and how the U.S. Government or its military services could counteract all of the misinformation on it would be a massive challenge. Hypothetically speaking, though, the worst that appears there might be triaged into a weekly "Dirty Dozen List" of particularly egregious slurs that could be rebutted or proven to be wrong. Perhaps this might be a new mission area for Voice of America.