Thread: canadian private "military cooperation" in DRC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default On Wiki,

Mining companies of Canada lists companies by mineral and name - all companies are not in the names listing. E.g., Vale Limited (formerly INCO Ltd.), which is the only one of which I have any personal knowledge - that is, of the "old" INCO (pre-2000). Vale is a Brazilian company, which swallowed INCO in 2006. S&C (where I once ruminated) continued to represent Vale Inco - as it had represented Inco for decades (as also the Canadian government on US Law and I Law matters).

Leaving aside the mainline companies (such as "old" and "new" INCO), "Canadian Mining Companies" are a very mixed breed of cat - some are not necessarily companies registered in Canada for all operations; some are not public; and some are pure fantasies.

Regards

Mike

PS: Anvil Mining (subject of Stan's "innuendo link"), on Toronto Stock Exchange, is operational only in Zaire (DRC) - 16K tonnes in 2009; but has a large "indirect" interest in Kinsevere Stage II, a 60,000 tpa project. Management looks Aussie.

My grandfather McCarthy (who started in our local copper mines) was always willing to blow a $100 or so on 100 or more "penny" ($1.00 or less per share) Canadian mining shares. I wish I had all the certificates - not that they'd be worth anything (except possibly to collectors); but what a great wall display !
    Last edited by jmm99; 03-20-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: add links