Thread: Ho Hum;Another Stupid War Of Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default rinse/repeat

I'm sure you think you know the "truth" about those three incidents, just as the WMD stuff was so ravenously consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravojoe View Post
    I'm sure you think you know the "truth" about those three incidents, just as the WMD stuff was so ravenously consumed.
    If you know something the rest of us don't know please share. IMO the evidence is beyond a reasonable doubt. Take him and the Lockerbie bomber out - and then get OUT (not yelling, just emphasing). Let the Arab league fix their own.

Quote Originally Posted by gute View Post
    If you know something the rest of us don't know please share. IMO the evidence is beyond a reasonable doubt. Take him and the Lockerbie bomber out - and then get OUT (not yelling, just emphasing). Let the Arab league fix their own.
    There are some serious doubts about Lockerbie; I don’t think we will ever know the full truth. Bob Baer says Iranians were behind it; I have my doubts and am inclined to believe Baer.

Council Member

I "know" that for any incident of the type that you mention, you can find a pianoroll like this:

http://100777.com/node/101

I am also aware that neither the official allegations nor the conspiratorial rebuttal are entitled to any weight at all without reading all the files possessed by all of the governments involved. Probably won't happen soon.

The US lies a lot. A foreign policy based on revenge is stupid. Pretty sure about those points.

A foreign policy based on revenge is stupid? Then we should never go to war for injuries against our State? We should never go to war for injuries against allies of our State?

Quote Originally Posted by 5th_Req View Post
    A foreign policy based on revenge is stupid? Then we should never go to war for injuries against our State? We should never go to war for injuries against allies of our State?
    Actually, no. That are sunk costs and thus to be ignored.

It may be necessary to deter such behaviour for the future by responding to provocations, though. That would not be the same as revenge, and it should show.

Council Member

A corollary of Fuchs' point is that the past grievances, assuming they actually did occur in conformity with the various press releases, were a result of haphazard reactions, rather than a consistent known policy.