Thread: Yemen: all you want (2011-2015)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Life under siege: inside Taiz

The article's full title is: Life under siege: inside Taiz, the Yemeni city being slowly strangled; In Yemen’s second most populated city, a Houthi blockade has brought residents previously barely subsisting to the brink of catastrophe:http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...z-yemen-houthi

The Houthis, meanwhile, have laid their own siege: on Taiz. Since early April, when “the resistance” – an alliance of local forces dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood – fought off the Houthis’ attempt to control the city...Access is only allowed through a single checkpoint, dubbed the Rafah crossing by the residents after its more famous namesake on the Egypt-Gaza border. Houthi militia search – and confiscate – medicine, cooking gas, cigarettes, bottled water or anything more than a small shopping bag of food.
    davidbfpo

What the report does not say is that crucial for resistance of 'Islah Party and allies' in Taiz is one of AQAP gangs (not to talk about half the city being controlled by Houthis and allies).

But of course, since Islah/MBs (considered 'terrorists' even by Saudis until few months ago), and AQAP are fighting Houthis, they're now 'allies'...

Seems that an F-16C of the Royal Bahraini Air Force was hit by a MANPAD over northern Yemen, yesterday. The aircraft crashed while attempting to reach KKAB in KSA, pilot ejected safely:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b48_1451494048

Photos of wreckage: https://twitter.com/IraqiSecurity/st...41560138547200

Default Closed

Thankyou to all who post here, as it is unlikely another will post this thread I shall close now before I go out to party. Minus fireworks!

To the others who post here thank you, anyone who follows this thread will have learnt a lot - even if there is rarely disagreement.
    davidbfpo