Thread: Is It Time to Get Out of Afghanistan?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Ray,

The suggested article did not move me in the least - except for its use of the "Great Game" terminology. It is not our (US) "Great Game", as far as I am concerned.

The article BTW makes the assertion that:

It boggles our mind that reasonably patriotic Americans can even consider leaving Afghanistan for the next 10-15 years.
    So, according to that assertion, I am not a "reasonably patriotic American". To that assertion and similar assertions (note the attack on the message), I say what I have said during and since Vietnam - FOAD.

Just to make it clear, Ray, my message to the "assertion" is definitely not directed at you. You just provided the link and may well have not even realized the impact (on such as me and my ilk) of the pathetic "reasonably patriotic American" piece of cant by the website's author. Them's fighting words in my little neck of the woods.

Here's a point from the article:

Unlike Iraq in 2006, this World wants America to stay in Afghanistan. This is of course the real World - India, Iran, Russia, China, Turkey, the Asian countries of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan & Turkmenistan.
    So, let the "Real World" (sans USA) duly occupy Astan and they all can exploit it. And, if they can't put together an "international mandate" (isn't the Middle East of post-WWI, just such a wonderful example - that's being sarcastic, folks), let them fight, etc., etc.

Regards

Mike
    Last edited by jmm99; 05-04-2011 at 08:19 PM.