Thank you for bringing us back into our charter where all voices welcome and needed in this council. I shouldn't have to remind anyone that we as a nation, or we as the West, or we as the collective against the Al Qaeda Network or AQN like threat have yet found and implemented an effective strategy to defeat this global movement (yes we hurt it, but that is far from defeating it). Fabius provides a voice contrary to many, and maybe in the end contrary is right. All the respect due to those currently in the fight (and it is a hell of a lot), winning battles (physical and perception) in your AO is critically important, and Kilcullen TTP should help, but it still won't win the conflict at the strategic level. We need to hear the ground truth from the Co Cdrs and NCOs out there now, but we also need to hear ideas from the stratosphere on grand strategy, then find ways to mesh them.

Great debate, still the best forum for professionals I have found on the net. I wish you all the best for a successful and happy New Years!