Thread: Anti-U.S. Attack Videos Spread on the Internet - New York Times

Default Anti-U.S. Attack Videos Spread on the Internet - New York Times

6 October New York Times - Anti-U.S. Attack Videos Spread on the Internet by Edward Wyatt.

Videos showing insurgent attacks against American troops in Iraq, long available in Baghdad shops and on Jihadist Web sites, have steadily migrated in recent months to popular Internet video-sharing sites, including YouTube and Google Video.

Many of the videos, showing sniper attacks against Americans and roadside bombs exploding under American military vehicles, have been posted not by insurgents or their official supporters but apparently by Internet users in the United States and other countries, who have passed along videos found elsewhere.

Among the scenes being viewed daily by thousands of users of the sites are sniper attacks in which Americans are felled by snipers as a camera records the action and of armored Humvees or other military vehicles being hit by roadside bombs...

Where has this guy been? It may be new on YouTube or Google but it isn't new here in the states. These things have been available for years here. There are a couple of sites in particular, that I won't mention here, that specialize in this sort of thing, not for political reasons mind you. I have had several instructors in my career who used some of this stuff as training aids.

SFC W