I will not go into training as a whole - what I will say is that MCWL put quite an urban training (Project Metropolis) package together for the Corps prior to OIF 1. That package became the Basic Urban Skills Training (BUST) program. Got rave reviews from the units that had gone through the training and deployed to OIF 1. Prior to 1st MARDIV's redeployment for OIF "2" MCWL, with others, expanded that training package to include SASO.

Is the state of training perfect in the Corps right now? Hardly, but good people are doing their damnest to correct all that at a time when basically all of our units are deployed, getting back from deployment or getting ready to redeploy.... Moreover, when was the last time you ran into all those other COIN required MOS's in the USMC - I mean in the numbers needed and the expertise and experience required? PSYOPs, Civil Affairs, MPs....

Now we have many other missions associated with FID to include training indigenous military forces. Have you noticed the Marine Corps authorized end-strength right now? I would submit the USMC is hanging on the best it can…