Your Back!...?
Yep, my trip was cut short due to flight restrictions so I had to catch whatever was available out of there or risk a long-term stay with short-term supplies. On watching the news this morning, I now know why. It was still a productive trip and I learned a bit about Pahtu vs Hazara views of RoL.

LawVol, I do think that in many ways we are saying the same thing but differently
I'm beginning to see this as well. I did come across an example on my short trip that illustrates, I think, both of our positions. It seems there is some frustration among a particular battle space owner because of the conflict between RoL and LoW (his characterization as relayed to me). He doesn't like the fact that his troops sometimes have to do warrant ops (serving warrants and all that entails) as he'd rather just kill them. Given proper PID, I can't say I'd disagree but then again I don't make the rules or generate the mission. However, some of the spec ops folks actually like the warrant ops because they find that on showing a village elder official paperwork, they often are able to take custody without shooting. These differing experiences, however, are likely a result of differing conditions. What works in one place may not work in another (this is why a ground-level view is crucial for policy-level folks).

I understand my tone can be ruff, but don’t recall blaming lawyers.
I meant this as more of a general statement rather than an indictment of anything you said specifically. Thanks for the book suggestion; I'll check it out.