Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
It was a policy decision, he had made a campaign promise to do such a decision if the opportunity arises and he did it. Politicians need to brag about such things, Bush even bragged about things he didn't do and would have bragged endlessly (if not demanding a statue in Washington DC) if he had given the order to kill UBL.

A head of government bragging about policy and decisionmaking success is entirely normal, while (former) soldiers cashing in on wartime secrets before the very same war is over is not usual.
My friend you are totally off base on your first point. President Bush would not have demanded a statue. He is a fairly humble guy. I don't recall him bragging other than the time he said 'bring it on' and that's not bragging. The mission accomplished banner was put there by the navy, not the WH. The one thing I always respected about the Bush Administration - they did not make excuses. Look, I'm not saying it was a stellar eight years, but I disagree with the idea of Bush saying, "Look at me, look at me" - dodging shoes - yes.

Hey, President Obama gave the order so it happened on his watch and he gets to claim it. If anyone for second thought he wasn't go to brag than they need to flush out their headgear.

I read the book and enjoyed it. I don't think it's any big deal, but agree with others that the identity of the unit should not have been mentioned i the first place. I don't recall the outrage over the book Fearless about Seal Team 6 operator Adam Brown and his death in Afghanistan. Okay, the author is not a Seal, but what's the difference. The author writes how several of his Brown's teammates were later killed in the helo crash that happened a couple of days after the OBL raid. I seem to recall the pentagon saying the Seal killed in the bird were regular run of mill Seals and not team six guys.