Thread: Crowdsourcing on AQ and Analysis (new title)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Crowdsourcing AQ's Strategy 2011-2012

I think the summer of 2011 through the end of 2012 will be the most important period for al Qaeda (AQ) and Western Counterterrorism (CT) efforts since 2002-2003.

I've been working on analysis for what AQ might do over the next year and been examining crowdsourcing as an alternative for anticipating terrorist group strategies. I've been a huge fan of Small Wars over the past few years since I started writing short articles here and I really appreciate the feedback and insights I get from readers. I'm trying to figure out a way to use these feedback systems to narrow down on key terrorism questions. If I am certain of anything, it's that I alone will not be able to anticipate all of AQ's actions correctly. So I ask for your help! I'd truly like to capture the perspective of those that read and visit Small Wars.

This week, I set up a crowdsourcing poll trying to answer the following question:
    “What will be al Qaeda’s strategy from the summer of 2011 through the end of 2012?”

I set up a poll of 11 questions which I think will take less than 3 minutes to answer. If you can spare the time to vote, I would appreciate any and all insights.

Here is the link to the poll:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/selectedwisdomAQstrategy

And if you think the poll is a worthwhile effort, please forward to any and all that might be interested. Crowdsourcing takes a crowd, so all are welcome.

I'll hopefully start publishing the results in about ten days when I aggregate the data. And I'll make sure to post the results here as well. Goal is everyone gets the collective insights from the collective efforts of voters. Thanks in advance to those that take the time to vote and please let me know here if you think I can improve the survey/process in any way.

BTW, nothing in it for me. No money, hidden agenda, etc. My wife calls my poll the "Household Chore Avoidance Project", which is probably true and thus worth the effort.

Thanks.
    CWOT

Council Member

SWC is an amazing thing. Had a great response rate over night. Thanks to those that contributed to the AQ Strategy poll.