Thread: The Rules - Engaging HVTs & OBL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Addendum

In further answer to David and Carl, Judge McMahon's opinion briefly references, but better illustrates, the procedure for handling classified evidence (or, as here, classified information requested).

Attached are two .pdfs, which Bloodhound will scan to make sure I haven't attached the wrong pages.

pdf 3-4. The end of p.3 and start of p.4 states the judge has received classified information, which will not be given to the plaintiffs or their attorneys. It will be placed in a classified appendix for review by appellate judges, including the judge's classified opinion on the classified information. The whole package, unclassified and classified, constitutes the full record. The unclassified public opinion is reviewed by the FBI prior to its release (footnote 1 to p.4).

pdf 74-76. Actually appendices. The ACLU's requests (Appendix I) are very extensive. Thus, Appendix I is a key to Appendix II (of a single unclassified sentence). Appendix II (the classified part) could be a large package of all the material documents requested; or, more likely, an index to and summaries of the documents.

The bottom line is that Judge McMahon could be the most informed person on the law and process of drone strikes, outside the White House.

Regards

Mike

PS Carl: you know that I'm just poking fun at myself - sometimes you are just so serious:

Attached Files Attached Files