Pakistan's Sovereignty and the Killing of Osama Bin Laden, By Ashley S. Deeks, May 5, 2011.

This article tends to a Fiddler on the Roof methodology - on one hand, on the other hand; on one hand, on the other hand ... I have long since reached the point where there is no other hand; although, I suppose there is still that "but" in my "Never Again, but ..."

Here is Ms Deeks BLUF:

Conclusion

The facts and politics in this case make it unlikely that Pakistan’s defense of its sovereignty will find significant international support. Nevertheless, it would be useful as a matter of international law for states to agree that the “unwilling or unable” test is the correct test for situations such as the U.S. raid against Bin Laden in Pakistan and to provide additional content to that test. Doing so potentially could serve international law’s interests by minimizing legal disagreements at times when political and factual disagreements are running high.
JMM: Frankly, I think these are political questions to be settled in one way or the other by the two states. State action could range from a diplomatic protest to a declaration of war. Here, Pstan elected to protest (from article):

In the wake of the successful U.S. military operation, the Pakistan Government objected to the “unauthorized unilateral action” by the United States and cautioned that the event “shall not serve as a future precedent for any state.”[1] Former President Musharraf complained that the operation violated Pakistan’s sovereignty.[2]

[1] Jane Perlez & David Rohde, Pakistan Pushes Back Against U.S. Criticism on Bin Laden, N.Y. Times, May 3, 2011.

[2] See, e.g., John Bacon, Musharraf: U.S. Violated Pakistan’s Sovereignty, USA Today, May 3, 2011,
Pstan's remedy under I Law was elected and made by it.

I don't see that process (state to state "interaction") as malign. However, those who would like to see a "World Court" take jurisdiction, are inclined to follow along with the 1986 ICJ Nic Farce (cited in the article):

[7] Military and Paramilitary Activities in and Against Nicaragua (Nicar. v. U.S.), 1986 I.C.J. 14, ¶ 194 (June 27) (“The Parties also agree in holding that whether the response to the attack is lawful depends on observance of the criteria of the necessity and the proportionality of the measures taken in self-defence.”); Yoram Dinstein, War, Aggression and Self-Defense 207-12 (3d ed. 2001); Christine D. Gray, International Law and the Use of Force 148 (3d ed. 2008) (“As part of the basic core of self-defense all states agree that self-defence must be necessary and proportionate.”).
In reality, recourse to any existing (or proposed) judicial system, for determination of what are really political-military questions, will fail because the process is too slow and cumbersome. That is one reason why I do not want us (US) to become involved in an international Bleak House.

Regards

Mike