Thread: The Rules - Engaging HVTs & OBL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by M-A Lagrange View Post
    Personnaly, I tend to be against the "geographically unlimited battlefield".
    Unless this thread is over with, could I ask you why you are against that? I think perhaps "battlefield" is a poor choice of language. Maybe "geographically unlimited area of special operations" would be better. I don't want someone to be able to stick out their tongue at me from across the street. I also don't want the US to be involved in every tribal/religious/ethnic dispute across the globe. But that's not my decision. If we ARE going to stick out our chins, lets at least allow ourselves to throw a punch. If that makes any sense.

Sorry, I forgot the original question was "proof". If enough or even the "right" members of the intelligence community (or whoever has the job of discovering actionable intelligence? right term?) say that so and so is a terrorist or is in cahoots with terrorists, and have seized documents or tapes or vid or whatever, then thats "proof". I know that there are probably plenty of examples of intelligence failure or manipulation, I can think of a few in my lifetime. But I feel we either try to be as sure as possible, and then go target them, or we are never sure and consequently do nothing.
    Last edited by Levi; 10-04-2011 at 03:14 AM.