Thread: Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Omar:

The purpose is two fold.

The first is to send a signal to the Pakistani government that we are really serious about things this time, not like the last time. We perfected the art of signaling hostile governments during the war in Vietnam

The second is so people in DC can have something stern to put into a powerpoint presentation when they brief each other about the tough measures they are taking.

You just don't understand how sophisticated nuanced minds work.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-04-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Moved from Mumbai thread to here, fits better!
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Council Member

In my un-nuanced leftist past, I would have been thrilled with how this is making the US a laughingstock (Hafiz Saeed appeared at a press conference half a mile from GHQ yesterday..not hard to find). The entertainment value is huge. My Twitter feed is ablaze with jokes about Hafiz Saeed revealing his location and asking for the ten million to be sent to him as a reward.
    But now that I am "nuanced", I am a bit more "conflicted".
    I mean sure, the US should just leave the region and stop making an ass of themselves. Maybe the ruling elite's in India, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan are all adults and will do a better job without "help" from Uncle Sam. Or who knows, maybe the anarchists are right. I am rooting for healthy Chomskyan Anarchy.
    In principle it sounds good. But in practice, I think the transition may not go smoothly. Anyway, that is a moot point. The big white sahib may soon make enough of an ass of himself to make the whole debate irrelevant.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-04-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Moved from Mumbai thread to here, fits better!

Omar:

The inability of the DCenians to see what the rest of the world can see is a wonderment. I guess that is what an education at the best schools gives you, an impenetrable supercilious arrogance.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-04-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Moved from Mumbai thread to here, fits better!

Council Member

It is given Hafiz the scare of his life.

Poor Joe!

India maybe wimpish, but Osama and what the US did does scare this heroes in their own territory!

When one is running scared, one tries to head off with the irrelevant.

Remember the Icon and Guru of Islamic fundamentalist - Osama - and what the US did to him.

And what is most important is that they could get their man defying the complete Pakistani infrastructure, defence, ISI and otherwise!

It sure will give one who has been declared a target by the US, many, many sleepless nights and visits to the toilet!

The big white sahib seems to be making friends with many browns and yellows around the Indian sub continent and SE Asia!

Latest report indicates 2500 of these sahibs landing in Darwin!
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-04-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Moved from Mumbai thread to here, fits better!

Council Member

I dont see him scared at all. In fact, the blessed state department has just clarified that the reward is for "information linking him to attacks", not on his head. So it seems the US is basically saying, we dont have any proof and the pesky Indians keep asking us to do something, so here is a reward for anyone who can find some proof...good hunting.
    If I was not American, I would be rolling on the floor laughing my ass off...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Remember the Icon and Guru of Islamic fundamentalist - Osama - and what the US did to him.

And what is most important is that they could get their man defying the complete Pakistani infrastructure, defence, ISI and otherwise!
    I think that was an inside job. They knew we were coming because we told them and they decided to take the heat. Either they had to or we gave them something. No proof beyond the reports that the police set up perimeters before the hit but that is what I will forever think.

Council Member

I think that was an inside job. They knew we were coming because we told them and they decided to take the heat. Either they had to or we gave them something. No proof beyond the reports that the police set up perimeters before the hit but that is what I will forever think.
    If it is an inside job, then Pakistanis are as good as the Afghans - sold to the highest bidder!

Pakistanis claim to be wedded to their nation and their cause.

Therefore, would they sell themselves and their 'guest'?

Council Member