Hi JC,

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
I paid particular attention to the use of the word company vice agency/organization. What are folks' thoughts on the merits of contracting out "leadership skills"?
Isn't that the modern way ? I paid more attention to the phrase "this will be a long, long term contract." There are some very interesting assumptions behind that statement, most of which I really don't like. For example, a friend of mine just finished bidding on a contract to do provincial reconstruction in an African country - full infrastructure upgrades, training, economic development, etc. - and that contract is only going to last for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
Will this mean that, as with PMCs delivering security products, there could be companies out there contracting the business of PRT work, assuming that some govt agencies will not be able to source the manpower that is required (and needs to be willing) to fill the PRT slots?
They already exist JC. Increasingly we are seeing government agencies refusing to develop internal capacity. By way of a parallel, they are operating in exactly the same way the Byzantine bureaucrats did after the death of Basil II - I just hope that there policies don't have a similar effect (think Manzikert, 1071).