Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Backwards,

Your quote.

I can only read simple English and draw simple conclusions!
That's a negative, sir. Quoting Carl once again (sorry, Carl):

I read the first article on the link you provided and got so depressed I couldn't read anymore. American intel on China is a combination of incompetence, arrogance, ignorance, failure and ideologically driven willful blindness. It is depressing to think that in less than 10 years, Red Chinese J-20s will be flying around picking off American jets (not the F-35, that will still be in development) at will; and right up to the time the first jets go down the American intel community will still be saying they don't have the capability or they won't actually do so because deep down inside, they are our buddies. And then, the intel community will still deny it is happening and recommend we ask Pakistan to help us clear up the misunderstanding.
Carl posits a war scenario in the above passage. Did you conclude that he has a special insight into CCP behaviour owing to any inherent Chineseness. The passage was indirectly referred to once and directly quoted in a response to you a second time.

My impression is that more than a few Americans view war with China as inevitable as they see it as an evil, expansionist state uninterested in co-existence. Do you infer anything Chinese about their views? Perhaps that is better left unanswered.

Your further statement:

It will be a sad thing if you, as Chinese, force it on the world.
Well, not sure what to make of that, really. But, yes, I suppose it would be sad for me, whether as a Chinese, a White guy, or a ####ing half-breed to force war upon the world. I'll make sure to put it on my "things not to do list".

Don't worry about it, Ray, it's done.