Quoth JMA:
would not use the word sociopath because of the potential for misunderstanding.
Little hyperbole on my part. Actually, most of the people I'm referring to with that bit of shorthand are those described by jmm99, as always bringing some sense to some of the dumber things I write:
...the only kind I regard as being a "minor psychopath" is the bully. The others are simply your normal kids who won't take $hit.
Yes. Fortunately, there are really a lot of those around but they are often eclipsed today by a few who have been over exposed to this foolishness properly slammed by JMA:
...all this political correctness which seems to distract US, Brit and European armies while seldom affecting any of the recent enemies. It wastes too much time and distracts from purpose over insignificant detail.
Totally true and as Bill Moore noted, that creates a major problem:
... we risk an identity crisis if that isn't the case. Not every problem can be resolved with combat operations, but the Army's contribution is primarily combat, security operations, or helping others with that role.
Need a little pressure not currently available to dispel that crisis, return to reality and dispel the superfluous and the excessive and "insignificant detail." Hopefully, this is just a cycle we're in an we'll wake up as if from a bad dream. In the meantime, I console myself by strongly identifying with this from JMA:
...We (being the old and the bold from my war) have discussed this at some length and are glad we are beyond the reach of this insanity.
Yea, verily. Me, too -- and for which I'm very, very thankful. Man, am I ever...