Thread: Hacking collectives 'Lulzsec' and Anonymous declare 'openwar against all governments'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Hacking collectives Lulzsec and Anonymous declare 'open war against all governments'

http://gizmodo.com/5813560/lulzsec-a...s-and-fat-cats

Lulzsec's Official Website

Lulzsec Twitter Feed

I think ethical means of testing the stability and security of a particular network can be, undoubtedly, of benefit to a party possessing sensitive information; And in certain contexts this can also be the case regardless of whether or not the targeted party gave consent to such a breach.

But I have been following the actions publicized by these two groups, Anonymous for a few years now, and it appears that the evolution of their 'strategy' has taken a disturbing leap into actions driven by emotions that stem from a blanket generalization of the global political system.

I hope that they have taken into consideration the possible ramifications of a call to 'war' during a time in which rampant paranoia concerning security matters has already manifested a number of ill-conceived proposals to heavily censor or monitor the online activity of the common citizen. Of course, I realize that this may very well simply fade away as swiftly as any other cyber phenomena/meme does in time, but I hope this is not the impetus for world powers to enforce unnecessary regulations on the average internet user in response to the potentially damaging behavior of a handful of hackers.
    Last edited by axiomatic; 06-22-2011 at 05:52 AM.