Thread: Future Career Options?

Default Future Career Options?

I used to be in the Singapore Armed Forces for 2 years (conscription - every male citizen in Singapore has to do it) and I'm headed for college in Maryland where I aim to earn at least a Master's in International Relations.

I've been considering my future career options for a bit, and decided to take a stab at intelligence work. Analysis, that sort of thing, and figured that if I wanted to accomplish anything useful I can't possibly work for the SAF again.

So, what's the best way for a non-American citizen to insert himself into the Washington intelligence community?

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by NEWater View Post
    I used to be in the Singapore Armed Forces for 2 years (conscription - every male citizen in Singapore has to do it) and I'm headed for college in Maryland where I aim to earn at least a Master's in International Relations.

I've been considering my future career options for a bit, and decided to take a stab at intelligence work. Analysis, that sort of thing, and figured that if I wanted to accomplish anything useful I can't possibly work for the SAF again.

So, what's the best way for a non-American citizen to insert himself into the Washington intelligence community?
    I've worked off/on with SAF for a couple of decades so I'm a little surprised by your comment '...if I wanted to accomplish anything useful I can't possibly work for the SAF again...'. I think that any frustrations you may have experienced there will pretty much be the same ones you'd face into any like organisation.