I would suggest working hard on the PT. A new 2LT is judged by his general fitness as much as anything else, when he arrives to his unit. In fact, at least when I went through OBC, PT was about the only thing a 2LT could expect to do well when he arrived at his first unit, given the quality of instruction then.

Don't focus too much on the APFT. Look at general rucking, running, and working with a load on. You don't have to be the biggest stud around (believe me, I sure ain't), but nobody wants a wimp for a PL.

If you hope to be combat arms or combat support, the land nav is also important. Do it alot to gain confidence. Try it without a compass, using just terrain association, if you have suitable terrain. This will help you at night, when feeling the slope of the land and seeing the silhouette of ridgelines can keep you on track even when you are not paying attention to your compass. But you need to be competent and comfortable, moving at night through terrain.

You need to be able to deliver a pretty decent oporder with very little for guides or notes. Practise, practise, practise. Create scenarios with fellow MSIIIs and execute a 5-para oporder, and have them critique it. Do the same for them - you can learn from their mistakes as well as yours. And do it with lots of time to add every detail, as well as in a time-constrained environment, where there is pressure to execute a good plan RIGHT NOW.

Finally, general academics - you have to graduate to get commissioned. Keep that in mind as you work toward your goal. It also is important for your position within your battalion as an MSIV. As an examble, I failed an optional class that I didn't need for graduation during my MSIII year. It was taking up too much time and I stopped attending. I should have been more deliberate in removing myself from the class, but that is another story. Point being, during the first half of my MSIII year, instead of being the S-3, I was just another senior, because of a 'drop-fail' on my academic record (that didn't even hurt my GPA very much).

Good luck.

Tankersteve