Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
I was tempted to say so you agree completely with Marx
With respect to what you quoted, yep, I do. BUT that sin't "completely."
First there were 2 Marx (probably done intentionally by the Commies) There was Marx the economist and Marx the social revolutionary. One wrote On Capitol and the other wrote the Communist Manifesto(which was probably more Engels than Marx,some evidence to that but no real proof).
Agree it was probably more attributable the guy from the even more wealthy Engels family. While I don't agree with Marx on capital and its evils, he wasn't totally out to lunch economically speaking -- politically, he was just overly hopeful. People can't or won't go that route for very long, greed and generational change get involved...
...had to go to the Main Post Library to get On Capitol.
If you'de been there three years earlier, we might have bumped into each other -- I spent a lot of time there...
Rule 2 is that the Commies believed the best way to take over a country is to destroy the Economy, this makes Capitalism(capitalism is banking) extremely vulnerable because of our belief that if the Government acts to protect the economic well being of the people we are all turning into Commies by default as opposed to actually stopping the threat from gaining hold in America. As you point out it is out vulnerable flank and they are exploiting it to this day, except now they have religion thrown in with it. End of part 1
Education. True on the economy and on religion (or strong secularity...) -- and they had success in getting us to harm our own economic system by properly leveraging our flaws.

However, they also spent much time and effort on corrupting the western education systems. Due to our decentralized approach, they had a great deal of success here as was true in the UK. France and Germany with more centralized systems were able to blunt most of the efforts of the KGB et.al. with respect to dimunition of the educational systems. Note that education attack had and has -- and will continue to have -- follow on second, third and more order economic effects as well...