Sorry Fuchs but it seems that we are talking about different issues.

I was only trying to communicate my personal experiences to a forum member curious about Libya and wondering about traveling there.
I Know Libya and Libyans first hand (do you? your impressions?) and the only thing that I can speak of is what I have seen and heard.

I confirm: Libya has been a wonderful place to live and do business until 1970 and partially until 1978. Very dangerous after 1982. This has nothing to do with statistics about oil production that didn't have a direct impact in Libyan life (anyway never put your faith in anything about Libya that you don't know firsthand).
Everything related to oil was separately managed in Libya and it was pretty much a private Gheddafy deal masquerated as nationale enterprises.
THe impact of oil in everyday life has been through an incredibly mismanaged public social wealth distribution absolutely disconnected from oil price and market fluctuations since only a relative little fraction of oil income had that use. The other was personal Gheddafy business. Maybe oneday it will be known how many journalists, politicians, bankers he has simply bought.