Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper View Post
You bring up a good point with Bosnia. Are we blowing Iraq out of proportion? I read today that up to 150,000 Iraqis have been killed by the insurgents. I tend to believe that a good portion of those killed were members of various insurgencies anyway. But in Bosnia, soldiers were trained to fight and survive in their best interest. These morons in Iraq seem to not care. The objective in a firefight is to die in a spectacular fashion. That's about all. They do things that are really stupid and have caused even unexperienced American forces the ability to chuckle at their stupid suicidal tactics in the midst of frightening firefights. And these are the bad guys that have so-called training.
I'd say that there are two types of insurgents developing. One are ones you are talking about, wishing to die in spectacular way for martyrdom. Other are what you expect from "professional" insurgents. Cool, calculating, willing to learn, willing to pass the knowledge and not risking his life unnecessary.