Thread: Life expectancy of an insurgent in Iraq

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

I believe people making big mistakes thinking that jihadi movement is full of “stupid” or “suicidal” people. I truly believe that one should never make mistake of disrespecting his enemy.

But, looking from outside it seams that all of them just running in open doing nothing expect wishing for martyrdom. But, like many knows, Insurgency in Iraq is mix and complex group of people with different ideas and different strategies how to get them fulfill.

I remember watching that PBS documentary about Iraqi Insurgency and short interview with some journalist who was talking about some guy from SA came to defend Falluja and right there and then he ask journalist if he knows to tell him how to use AK!? People like that will die fast indeed and that is exactly what they looking for. But, not all of them.

Take example of Chechnya… Mujahideens there fight to live so they can fight another day against superior Russian force (at least in numbers and material). Growing number of sophisticated attacks in Iraq can show us that not all of them are “stupid” or wish to commit “suicide” and they do planning, strategy and wish to see the end.

Little note on the end, not many Bosnian was trained in fighting before war started, even that they served terms in army. But they did fight on they best to survive and for they own homes and families...
    Last edited by Sarajevo071; 11-10-2006 at 05:49 AM.