Thread: EUCOM Economic Analysis - Part I

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    GDP figures have a certain margin of error, especially early ones.
    -0.6% is nothing really noteworthy as an early GDP change figure, since the technological rate of progress has moved towards 1.5 % over decades and you need to subtract the demographic influence from this in order to get the natural GDP growth path figure.

Many people have not adjusted their growth expectations to 'GDP per working age capita' yet.
    I agree about the point, however to a good amount that working age capita GDP sustains every single capita in a country. I will leave it there as we already discussed it and the traps laying around the concept of the GDP are many. Makes me think of Winston and his view on democracy or Buffets take on the GAAP.

As one of the biggest and most important countries in Europe prepares to vote in just a week I think it is just to shift the focus in this direction.

Monti points the finger at the PdL, the party of our ridicolous sunking.

L'Italia - ha aggiunto Monti - e' un paese importante, un paese del G8, e' certo puo' anche cadere nel ridicolo come e' accaduto per l'atteggiamento ridicolo tenuto da qualcuno in passato.
    According to Monit Bersani (center-left) offered him the role as president ( the Quirinale is the current home of Napolitano) on the condidtion that the would stay out of the elections.

Se ci sara' un governo Bersani lei entrerebbe nella compagine?, gli chiedono: Dipende se nel programma ci sono le riforme che noi vogliamo e per le quali io ho compiuto l'insensatezza di rinunciare a posizioni che mi venivano prospettate. Il Quirinale? E non solo, perche' ci tengo a fare queste riforme.
    The swiss NZZ reported how 'Benedetto uomo' (the blessed man) and his shock retire as Bishop of Rome, as well as Sanremo might heavily influence Berlusconis campaign which is only based on emotions and glibberish.*

Italiens Parlamentswahlen finden zwar erst am 24. und 25. Februar statt, doch hörte der Wahlkampf laut dem sarkastischen Kommentar von Luigi Crespi, einem führenden Demoskopen, bereits am 11. Februar um 11 Uhr 46 auf. Crespi wies damit überspitzt darauf hin, dass der von Papst Benedikt XVI. am Montag angekündigte historische Amtsverzicht die Medienberichterstattung über die Wahlen marginalisiert hat.
    Monti will also be at the center of the news this weekend when the pope invites him into the Vatican, allowing him to act as a catholic statesman.

Und mit Konsternation hatte er am Mittwoch zu registrieren, dass Papst Benedikt am kommenden Samstag den scheidenden Regierungschef Monti, der das politische Zentrum im Wahlkampf anführt, zum Abschied empfangen wird.
    *my view.
    Last edited by Firn; 02-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    ... "We need officers capable of following systematically the path of logical argument to its conclusion, with disciplined intellect, strong in character and nerve to execute what the intellect dictates"

General Ludwig Beck (1880-1944);
    Speech at the Kriegsakademie, 1935