Quote Originally Posted by Surferbeetle View Post
Firn,
Sell when the angels sing, buy when the blood runs in the streets?
This month there won't be any personal buying or selling until the trend gets more bloody. In the latter case it might be worthwhile. Of course nobody knows the future as it has that nasty habit of being unpredictable, that is why one should prepare for it. I have already a list of bonds up I would shift in that case, depending of course on their price.

The economic situation is as it is and the stock market won't have a big impact on that in the short term. All we can do is to make the best of it and look now on then if there are any new threats or chances for the dear money.

In the end I'm completely confident that in the long term the investment will pay off. Fear has already been my dear friend in the past as well as the angels singing, considering that despite my often glaring omissions my portfolio advanced in the last 7 years a bit over 50% while the Euro Stoxx 50 lost IIRC over 10%.

On a big sidenote I really hope that Europe will grow again, it is just painful to see so many young people out of work in many regions. So much productive power, so much hope lost there. Puts things into perspective.