Quote Originally Posted by Surferbeetle View Post
What is to be done?

Fishing, surfing, and exploring out away from the urban world reveals natural law, 'red in tooth and claw'. Our 'friend' the lawyer/philosopher/revolutionary was tough enough to track and ride the shark but nonetheless blind to it's true nature. The attempts to shackle and cage it were very unhealthy for all involved...China/The Great Leap(s) Forward, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Iraq, and of course the USSR...the oppressive architecture, the lack of opportunity, the repugnant police state/Mukhābarāt, and the marrow deep fear of the citizenry made for a toxic and bitter experience. All are noteworthy examples of what happens when the State loses it's way.
Indeed. The very human qualities which allowed us to become billions on this beautiful planet can cut both ways - and all too powerfully.

WSJ.de...nice catch, was not aware of it until now. The Anleihemarkt Zetibombe is interested in us even if we are not interested in it. So, are Jens Weidmann and Dylan Grice modern day Cassandras? Can Ben Bernanke, Janet Yellen, Mark Carney, Stanley Fisher, and others guide the policy makers out of the wilderness?

For fun and with fun.
Indeed, we are part of a big whole, as much as we many sometimes not like it. In this case the actions, which actually I support for the most part, have created a dilemma for many savers, be at the individual or pension fund level. Pragmatism founded on science should (hopefully) act on the policy side, we poor just react or ignore accordingly.

And it does make sometimes fun.

Alt J, An Awesome Wave, Intro, youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAC9Ecf1Xgc
Nice link, liked this Alt J song as well.

BTW: An older article about crowdsourcing which hits the nail pretty much on its head. I think it is always, always important to keep the basics well-ordered in mind. The problem is often acting accordingly, just like the guy in my quote found out.